6.10.2013

roasted lime shrimp (with fiddle head ferns)




Okay, so apparently I have become obsessed with fiddle heads. Who knew? I served this with my spring risotto and had a few requests to post the recipe. As you guys know, I am not great with following recipes, and a bit all over the place when it comes to measuring, but I will do my best to share it accurately! Feel free to fudge a bit on the measurements to your liking. Once again I found myself with no real limes or lemons in the fridge, so I reached for my bottle of Nellie + Joe's key lime juice.  I use it when I make key lime pie, it is just as good as fresh key limes, and trust me, after squeezing those little limes forever, this bottled juice is so much easier. I've also become totally into photographing food, a new thing for me, since most of my life I have just photographed people and weddings. 






Ingredients
( serves two)

One dozen shrimp (tails on)
1/2 cup EVOO
1/2 cup key lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 pound fiddlehead ferns

Prep


Preheat oven to 400 degrees



1.  Chop off the woody ends, and rinse in cold water several times, washing throughly and set in a cold bowl of water. Let sit for twenty minutes, while you are cleaning the shrimp.

2. Dry fiddleheads and set aside while you prepare the marinade for the shrimp.

3. Chop up cilantro finely.

4. In a large zip lock baggie add EVOO, Lime juice, and cilantro and shrimp. Let stand in the fridge for at least twenty minutes.

5. Brush fiddleheads on both sides with EVOO and salt and pepper to taste


On a large cookie sheet spread the shrimp, so that there is plenty of room & they are not touching. Cook the shrimp for 7-10 minutes, then remove from the oven and place the fiddle heads on the baking sheet w/shrimp. Flip the shrimp over, so they cook evenly, return to oven & bake for another 7-9 minutes, until fiddle heads are tender, and shrimp are pink all the way through, not clear.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!





2 comments:

  1. I've never had fiddle head ferns! I am tempted to try some after seeing your beautiful photos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, and was so pleasantly surprised! thank you!

      Delete