11.01.2012

goodbye autumn







So the beginning of November is upon us, which means suddenly we are scrambling around preparing for all the holidays, right? After hurricane Sandy, I lost power for 48 hours (which is nothing compared to what other friends and family are enduring at the moment). It was really frightening listening to the wind howling in the pitch dark (it sometimes sounded like a truck driving right into my house).  Lot's of limbs falling on the roof, which caused minor damage. I am considering myself very lucky!  I really appreciate the most basic things right now (like water). I read actual books by flashlight and with out all the noise of the internet and iphone and TV, spent time just thinking about all the things I am grateful for. I hope those of you in the tri-state area can get back to some sense of normalcy soon! Finally being able to watch all the news is heartbreaking. Some of the stories that have come out of this hurricane are truly heroic. This was a real tear-jerker. Also all the wonderful birth stories! And to make things better after watching all these sad stories on the news, I saw this picture of a rainbow over the city. Growing up in NYC I will always consider myself a New Yorker. Strong people there. Sending all my best to my city!

Don't forget if you still need your holiday card pictures, I can help with that! Just send me a message . And most importantly don't forget to appreciate the tiny things! Have a lovely weekend all  -Kate

PS-these pictures were taken pre Sandy. Right now the roads and yards are still littered with trees! If you want to help you can donate to the RED CROSS RELIEF FUND. So many families have lost everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment