9.11.2012

grateful for the light



There is a rare moment, when the light hits things just right, and there is a slight chill in the air, hinting at what is to come (winter), but the grass is still warm enough to lay in. September. What's your favorite time of day...year? Do you notice the light? Mine lately is just before sunset--I love sunspots, and warm filtery light (especially this last shot).


With such similar weather eleven years ago today, I also feel reflective. I am grateful for the things I didn't loose on 9/11, I am grateful that my family all managed to safely get out of the city, and that my sister and her husband were very brave, and walked miles with their new baby (and dog) up the West Side highway from the West Village. Very grateful and very reflective. I am grateful both my parents didn't have to be downtown that day. I still, think about that day, and how I was moments away from driving into the city, and if it hadn't been for the cable guy showing up late, and the call I made to my sister just as the second plane hit.... Rose Kennedy said: " It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."-

So today I am just grateful. For the light, amongst other things. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment