7.03.2013

red white & blue

red white & blue





Here are a few cute things from J.crew I have been eyeing.When we were little, my Mom dressed my sister (who is three years younger) and I in the same clothes, but she always dressed me in blue, and my little sister in red (lots of stripes and polka dots). So it would be easier to sort the clothes maybe? Anyway, while I still gravitate to blue, I love the combo. What are you packing for a long July 4th weekend? I always overpack, but am thinking if I do a combo similar to above and throw in a few t-shirts and a bathing suite, I'll be all set. So I am off to the beach (North Shore of Massachusetts) for a few days for some fun with the family-fireworks, and of course it wouldn't be a trip to the North Shore without stoping off for fried clams....I'll be back with more posts after the long weekend. Have a fabulous 4th of July! And here are some fun links for you long weekend!

1. Keeping my eye on these sandals , even though I have a similar pair for super cheap from Old Navy.
2. I love this photograph of a roadside firework stand.
3. simple burger and fries all dressed up for the 4th.
4. I made this cake last year, and it came out fabulous.
5. Also, how to make your own fabric bunting for the 4th!
6. These snazzy drinking straws are so festive!
7. Check out this great sale from 2 bees cashmere on FB. 25% off anything red,white & blue! I have had my eye on that lobster sweater for  a while now!
8. Ten DIY Fourth of July projects from Apartment Therapy.
9. A song for your weekend: Moon River, by the Honey Trees. Been playing this on repeat.

P.S. Am I the only one who gets teary-eyed when the fireworks go off and everyone is singing patriotic songs? I'm such a sap!



No comments:

Post a Comment