7.15.2013

pressing ferns







I love ferns. They remind me of a bygone era.  So I thought I would share with you a quick and easy way to press and preserve them. You can frame them or use in artwork. 

1. Cut two sheets of wax paper big enough to cover the fern.

2. remove all brown or dead parts.

3. Place fern on wax paper 

4. Place fern (covered on both sides in wax paper) in large heavy book.

5. Let sit for 5-7 weeks in dry cool room. 

I think they would be so pretty framed in a guest room! Wouldn't it be nice to press some of your'e wedding flowers too?

3 comments:

  1. love this-it is rather old-fashioned and lovely! OR, you could just frame the pretty picture of the ferns:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! great idea. Pressing wedding flowers is such a lovely way to preserve & frame them! xo

    ReplyDelete