4.25.2013

flower study





spring fever
n.
A feeling of restlessness, excitement, or laziness brought on by the coming of spring.

I picked a few blooms to bring into the house last week and made a few tiny bouquets. We have had such a roller coaster of spring weather, I just can't wait for it to stay warm! Im looking forward to an engagement session on Saturday. I also can't wait to post some pictures from a shoot I did on daffodil hill this week, it was so unbelievably beautiful!

Here's whats pictured:
1. forsythia
2. magnolia
3. hyacinth
4. forget-me-nots
5. virginia creeper.

Also, this is a sneak peak of some of the images I will be showing in Southport at a gallery opening on May 16th (last two images). I will post more information about the show, if you live in the area, I would love you to stop in and take a peak!  You can also check out the announcement on my fb page here. Better yet, join us at the opening for a cocktail and preview! 

I came across this lovely post on Martha Stewart weddings. Wouldn't these make for nice spring Boutonnieres? I will be posting a DIY on making your own boutonniere in the coming weeks
xo-kate





5 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful & I love, love love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...esp. the magnolia! It smells so good too -xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! Congratulations on the show, wish I lived in CT! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh I can feel summer coming just seeing these~~~

    ReplyDelete