4.16.2013

greenhouse florals


Let's backtrack just a bit. I wanted to post these gorgeous spring flowers before I forget. I took a quick trip to The Gardens in Woodbury, CT. As temperatures soared into the high 70's last week, I wanted to stop into my favorite garden shop to peak into the greenhouse. It was busting with spring flowers, both annuals and perennials. Consider visiting a local greenhouse for your wedding decor. All of these flowers make for fantastic wedding flowers; bouquets, table centerpieces , and event decor. Here is a great DIY tip, that really pays off in strides: pot flowering plants yourself for centerpieces in pretty containers and cover with moss. They make for great take-away table decor, and can be given to close friends and family as a thank you after the wedding. As opposed to cut flowers which wilt with-in a day or two, these are keepers! Many will bloom again and again each year.











I didn't leave empty handed, I got some of these pansies and viola for the two planters by my terrace door, because I knew temps would dip back down to the 30's and pansies are really hardy in early spring.  



1 comment:

  1. I can smell those Hyacinth from here! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete