3.15.2013

kitchen re-do







Ok, this is very brave of me because I pride myself on being clean and neat. BUT I wanted to show off the kitchen/dinning room how it is right now, before I repaint it. I started out for weeks mulling over Benjamin Moore's whites. I settled on superwhite for the kitchen trim, cabinets, and wainscoting that goes throughout the kitchen and dinning area. The yellow that is on the walls is tired, and old and I am ready for a new color but still have not settled on a color yet. I am leaning towards a grayish blue, but would love some ideas from some of my creative readers. How dark gray can I go? My fear is that it will turn out baby blue. The room gets loads of natural light and has very high cathedral ceilings. I have been on PINTEREST almost daily checking out gray kitchen walls. Also, I need to find something calming, that will compliment the funky tiles in the kitchen, So there is that. Do you have any favorite gray color? Apparently this is the magic gray!  I Always use Benjamin Moore, it is what all the designers use, and it is by far the most enduring. I have also been checking out this beautiful Elephant gray. Have a fabulous weekend, I will most definitely be painting away....xo-kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment