2.19.2013

morning glory birthday muffins









If you have read my blog before, you already know I am kind of a sucker for a really good muffin. My mother's birthday falls the day after valentines day, but we always celebrate it along with my nieces birthday, which falls on the 19th. So figuring that we were going to have a big cake (which my sister always makes) for the joint birthday party, I decided to try and make my favorite version of a muffin for my mothers actual birthday. Morning glory muffins are different wherever you get them, but the basic ingredients are not far off from carrot cake. With that being said. I was sort of interested in the difference between a cake and a muffin, if your curious here is the answer. This recipe is super easy, because I start off with carrot cake mix, and add from there. I used Betty Crocker's super moist carrot cake, then added the following ingredients, to "healthy" them up, and make them a muffin, as opposed to a cake. You could also try adding applesauce, for a moister version, or add oats to the top for a garnish and crunch.

Follow box directions and add the following:


1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
3 tablespoons flaxseed (Hodgens mills)


They came out so light and fluffy! If you are a"by scratch" kinda person, you can check out a recipe here.  You can also check out my blueberry muffin recipe here (which is great in the summer). We had the most beautiful warm day, the light was so perfect, I couldn't help but get the full tablesscape on the last shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment