12.17.2012

a moment of silence

I can't escape the reality of what happened just twenty-five minutes from where I live. It is everywhere. While I can turn off the TV, I can't escape the flag at half staff on the Bethlehem green, now surrounded by flowers and teddy bears and cards... now soaked with the cold rain of today.  All I can offer is my deepest sympathies  for those families who lost loved ones, and to all the children in this country who's innocence was stolen from them. No words can express what I feel at this time.


The Bethlehem green, after the vigil held on Saturday evening.



Our country is grieving. Each child who has been slaughtered belongs to each of us and each slain adult is a member of our family. It is impossible to explain the horror to ourselves and to our survivors. We need to hold each other’s hands and look into each other’s eyes and say, “I am sorry.”-
Maya Angelou 

1 comment:

  1. Still can't come to terms with what happened. It is unthinkable, unforgettable and unforgivable. We can only hope that this makes us come together as a country to make a change.

    ReplyDelete