6.22.2012

the best french toast ever.




Ok, so I am going to to be away next week and thought I would post another recipe while it is fresh on my mind (and belly).

I love french toast, but usually save it for dinner or a brunch. A special treat, if you will. My french toast was inspired by my basket of blackberries.  To make the french toast:

Blackberries
2 eggs (small)
cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Whisk together and let bread soak evenly on both sides, while sautéing butter. Add to pan at med heat... Once the bread is starting to firm up sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar and cinnamon. Flip once the bottom side is browned and brown other side repeat with the sugar and cinnamon to other side. Once it is cooked, slice (if large pieces) in half to create a sandwich (layering the blackberries in the middle. Add fresh maple syrup-voila! I am lucky because a friend of mine tapped their own maple and it is the best organic homemade syrup ever! If you can use a big type of bread from the bakery it is so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment